Gatlin Smeijers, J.D., BASc. (Geological Engineering), is a Senior Associate at Willms & Shier Environmental Lawyers LLP. Gatlin Smeijers advises and represents a wide range of clients in the areas of environmental law, chemicals regulation, and regulated products. As an advocate, Gatlin represents clients in civil proceedings, administrative appeals, regulatory prosecutions, and government relations matters. Gatlin advises clients on complex environmental law issues. Gatlin has appeared before various boards and tribunals and at all levels of court in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal. Gatlin has considerable expertise in the areas of chemical substances, workplace products, and consumer products including:
- providing comprehensive, practical, and business-oriented compliance advice
- assisting with cross-border movements of chemicals, dangerous goods, and hazardous materials
- advising on consumer and workplace product packaging and labelling compliance
- assisting in navigating product stewardship and extended producer responsibility programs
- assisting with regulatory reporting and product recalls, and
- developing regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
Gatlin is called to the Bar in Ontario.